The world's first technology accelerator for established nonprofits
We're helping nonprofits discover, design and develop user-centred digital services that improve lives.
What is Fuse?
Fuse is a 12 week programme where charities, alongside CAST’s team of digital experts, interrogate a problem space, generate ideas for solving a well-identified issue within that space and then build a prototype digital service or product to take to pilot.
Our user-centred, test-driven ethos helps ensure a successful outcome: a well researched, user-centred solution to the identified problem.
“I’d been confident I had a good grasp of what our users needed... How wrong I was. I knew very little about what our users really want and need from us.”
Fusiliers so far
How does it work?
A nominated individual from the nonprofit is co-located with CAST’s team, away from their normal place of work, for four days for the first eight weeks of the programme.
We introduce the tools and techniques of lean and agile digital product development, which are the mainstay of tech innovation. CAST has an ethos of “learn by doing” with full support from our own product lead and programme coordinator.Get started with Fuse
What you’ll be doing
- Interrogate problem space
- User interviews
- Understanding user behaviours
- Desk research
- Create hypotheses
- Set of well-researched and synthesised user needs
- Comprehensive understanding of the problem space
- Early idea generation and testing
- Validating hypotheses
- Start planning integration
- End of month playback to senior stakeholder team
- Refined problem statement
- Prototypes (eg. mock ups) for testing
- Outline feature set of the prototype
- User journey mapping
- Start technical development
- Integration into the organisation
- End of Fuse playback to senior stakeholder team
- Solution statement
- Refined UI design
- Key documents that outline the solution
Want to take your organisation through Fuse?
We are currently developing a brand new, fully-funded digital accelerator programme for smaller charities, starting in July 2018.
Find out more, including how to apply.
We also offer Fuse as a paid for programme for larger charities. We’d love to talk to you about how Fuse could help your organisation.